This quick start guide training course is designed to provide photographers with everything they need to know about building a website with WordPress® from concept to completion.
WordPress® is free, web-based software that can be used for building and maintaining a website or blog. WordPress® offers a dynamic content management system which allows you to choose from thousands of plugins, widgets and themes, which makes WordPress® the most popular CMS system on the internet. WordPress® lets users easily edit their pages, posts, media and appearance in the admin area of their site.
At the end of the Workshop, you will have your own website up and running.
You will learn how to build your own website and master some of the tools to help you maintain and market your site.
You can take this Workshop to learn how to use the tools or you can work on the creation of your own website (see notes)
Whether you have an existing website that is not working as you would like, or moreover one which you have no control, or just want to build a web site from scratch, this course is for you.
At the end, you will take away the skills you need to edit and maintain your own site.
- Planning your site
- Understanding Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Building your site, adding a Template
- Adding Logos or Graphical Content
- Using copyright free content to improve your site.
- Using utility software to improve the quality of your content (Free software will be provided)
- Adding Menus and Content
- Creating galleries.
- Adding tools to your site for additional functionality or usability
- Making your site Search Engine Friendly
- Maintaining your site
- Launching your site
- Monitoring and Refining
The Workshop is delivered over two days.
On the first one, we will understand how the internet works and learn together how to build your own site using WordPress®. We will also learn the basics of the C-Panel®, the most common interface to manage hosting servers.
At the end of the day, you will understand all the things you will need to create your own site.
The second day we will have access to a real server and you will create a real website. That day you can choose between working on a sample website or start the creation of your own real website. If you want to create your own site a small charge will be added to the price of the course as this requires third-party components which can cost a small additional sum.
You will learn:
- How to install WordPress®
- This course will teach anyone to build a functional, beautiful, responsive website with WordPress®.
- Navigate around the WordPress® dashboard; know what everything does and how to use it.
- Understand the main features of WordPress®
- Create pages and posts, and know the difference between the two.
- Create custom menus and navigation systems.
- Know how to configure WordPress®.
- Plug-ins & themes and how to find/install them
- Protect WordPress® website.
- Create a static homepage or a blog like a homepage.
- Create a Responsive Website that looks good on any browser
Notebook/Laptop with WIFI capabilities.
It is recommended running Windows (any version above 7) in order to work with the free software we will provide. However as during the workshop you will work 99% on-line you can use Linux® or Mac OS®.
Basic use of any word processor such as Microsoft Word® (the word processor itself is not required)
This course can be booked on a 1 to 1 tutored class or on small groups.
2 days 6 hours per day
1 to 1 tutoring: £ 360.- (plus 50% if you want to bring a guest with you)
Groups up to 6 students: £ 93.- per student. (Early Bookings: £ 85.-) – A minimum of 4 participants will be required to confirm the workshop.
Beginners / no technical knowledge required.
No prior knowledge of WordPress® is required as everything will be covered in this course.